One in four Americans has some form of diabetes or pre-diabetes. The reality is that type 2 Diabetes is a fully preventable condition that arises from faulty leptin signaling and insulin resistance, both of which are a result of poor diet and insufficient exercise. Many people believe that Diabetes is a disease which is a result of high blood sugar. This is totally a misconception and most likely due to misinformation.
In order to prevent and reverse Diabetes, you need to replenish your body’s insulin and leptin sensitivities. The method on how to accomplish this is through a proper diet and regular exercise.
For the last fifteen (15) years, I have been teaching nutrition and health science. And during these 15 years, I have read many studies, researched the effects of various herbs in treating and preventing Diabetes and have concluded that Diabetes type 2 is preventable and in most cases even reversible if caught early.
In order to prevent Diabetes we need to understand how it manifests itself or in simple terms how it happens. In a healthy person, the pancreas the organ which is located behind the stomach releases insulin to help the body store and use the sugar from the food you eat. Diabetes happens when one of the following conditions occurs:
- When the pancreas does not produce any insulin.
- When the pancreas produces very little insulin.
- When the body does not respond appropriately to insulin, which is a condition called“insulin resistance.”
People with type 2 Diabetes produce insulin; however, the insulin their pancreas secretes is either not enough or the body is unable to recognize the insulin and use it properly. When there is insufficient insulin or the insulin is not used properly by the body, glucose is unable to get into the body’s cells and therefore builds up in the bloodstream instead. When glucose builds up in the blood instead of going into cells, it causes damage in multiple areas of the body which interrupts cells ability to get the glucose they need, causing the cells to not function properly.
Understanding why insulin is important, enables us to know more about how the body uses food for energy. Your body is made up of millions of cells. In order to make energy, these cells need food in a very simple form. When you eat and drink, much of the food is broken down into a simple sugar called “glucose.” Then, glucose is transported through the bloodstream to these cells where it can be used to provide the energy which the body need. Insulin is constantly being released in small amounts by the pancreas. When the amount of glucose in the blood increases to a certain level, the pancreas then releases additional insulin to move more glucose into the cells. This causes the glucose levels in the blood to decrease or drop.
I’ve spent the better part of the last two decades researching and trying to pin down the necessary ingredients of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Here are some of my suggestions which can help prevent and reverse Type 2 Diabetes.
- Limit or eliminate products with sugar in your diet, especially products which contain High fructose corn syrup which is far more harmful to the body in comparison to than any other type of sugar. Avoid juices, sodas, candies, white bread, cookies, chips and snack bars which have added sugars in addition to all processed foods. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and low carb foods. Eat fresh Alaskan Salmon avoid eating farmed Salmon. .
- Exercise is an absolutely essential factor, and without it, you’re unlikely to get your Diabetes under control. It is one of the simplest and most effective ways to lower your insulin and leptin resistance. Walk 30 minutes every day. Start out walking slowly, then walk fast for at least 15 minutes and then finish at a slow pace.
- Your stomach is a living ecosystem, full of both good and bad bacteria. Many studies have shown that people have different intestinal bacteria. The more good bacteria you have, the stronger your immune system will become it will certainly increase your body’s ability to stay healthy. Fortunately, optimizing your stomach flora is relatively easy. Start by taking a detox formula such as Desintox along with a daily fiber supplement such as Fiber Colon Max along with a probiotic will enable your body to stay healthy in addition to having a healthy elimination.
- Consider some natural supplements such as Diabetax which contains Cinnamon bark and Tronadora. Studies have shown that cinnamon bark helps to normalize blood sugar levels in addition to reducing blood lipids. Some studies have shown that Tronadora decreases hepatic glycogen plasma and cholesterol levels. I also consider taking Glucotax which contains Bilberry which has flavonoids which might improve circulation in people with Diabetes, Alpha lipoic Acid which is essential in the energy producing structures of cells and preventing cell damage. It also contains Artichoke which studies suggest to help with cholesterol and lowering blood sugar.
The important thing to remember is that health is the greatest of all blessings. It’s going to take time and will require changes in your lifestyle in order to improve your health. The combination of changing your diet, exercising daily and adding supplements can help in preventing and possibly reversing Diabetes type 2.
One thing to remember, if you are currently taking prescribed medications consult your physician before taking any supplements.
I will end with this. The father of medicine Hippocrates once said “let your medicines be your foods and let your foods be your medicine”. You can take control of your health and live a long healthy life. Don’t waste time! Do your research and start today to improve your health and live a long healthy life.
Exención de responsabilidad
La información contenida en esta hoja de ninguna manera sustituye el consejo médico. Le recomendamos que consulte a los profesionales de la salud que lo atienden (médico, dietista/nutricionista, farmacéutico, etc.) si tiene interés o preguntas acerca del uso de los suplementos dietéticos. Ellos le indicarán si son adecuados para su salud general. La mención de una determinada marca en esta publicación no implica el respaldo del producto.